Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Overview
A flexible lens for telephoto shooting, the Nikon F-mount 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD from Tamronspans a useful focal length range along with a lightweight design for even greater versatility. The lens’s optical design incorporates three low dispersion elements to suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations, while an eBAND coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and clarity. Complementing the optical design is a high-speed Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus system, which is benefitted by a dual MPU for quick and responsive performance. Vibration Compensation is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Suiting this 100-400’s use outdoors, it’s magnesium alloy construction is also weather-sealed for working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Spanning a versatile range of long focal lengths, this telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three LD (low dispersion) elements are used in the optical design to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range.
- An eBAND coating has been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 4.9′ away.
- Dual Micro-Processing Unit control system contributes to quick and responsive performance for both the autofocus