Synco LAV-S8 Overview
The Synco Lav-S8 is an omnidirectional lavalier microphone designed to provide improved speech clarity compared to your device’s built-in microphone. The mic can be used with a camera or a mobile device and features an extra-long 26.2′ cable, giving the talent additional room to move about for interviews, video production, tutorials, and vlogs.
Thanks to its 3.5mm TRRS plug and automatic sensor, the Lav-S8 can be used with smartphones, cameras, laptops, and portable audio recorders without special adapters. The built-in sensor chip automatically detects the device it’s plugged into and adjusts the output for use with TRS camera inputs or TRRS smartphone inputs. The mic is powered by a button-cell battery (included), which aids in keeping the Lav-S8 compact and lightweight. Integrated noise reduction and Synco audio decoding technology work together to deliver enhanced audio quality and elevated detail.
The supplied clip ensures easy attachment to clothing such as a lapel, collar, or tie. A foam windscreen and cotton wind muff are included for reduction of noise from breaths, light wind, and rustling of clothes.
- Sensitive electret condenser capsule with 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
- Omnidirectional polar pattern picks up sound from all directions
- 26.2′ attached cable with gold-plated 3.5mm TRRS male plug
- Automatic compatibility with smartphones and tablets or cameras, DSLRs, camcorders, and portable audio recorders
- 75 Hz low-cut noise reduction reduces rumbles from air conditioning, wind, and handling
- Includes a cotton wind muff and a foam windshield for attenuation of breath/wind noise