Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Overview
Cover all your bases with the extremely versatile E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS LE Lens from Sony for your APS-C-format E-mount camera. By providing a 27-300mm equivalent zoom range, users can capture subjects both near and far without needing to swap out their lenses, making it ideal for travel. It also benefits from the use of two extra-low dispersion and four aspherical elements to minimize aberrations. Furthermore, it is equipped with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization that will reduce the impact of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths.
For fast focusing, the 18-200mm uses a linear autofocus motor with an internal focus design that permits focusing as close as 1.6′. It also has a zoom lock switch on the lens barrel to prevent zoom creep when the lens is not in use. Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm to produce smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Designed for APS-C-format E-mount cameras, this 18-200mm offers users a vast wide-angle to super telephoto range equivalent to 27-300mm.
- A variable f/3.5-6.3 maximum aperture helps keep the lens’ overall size and weight to a minimum.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Four aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus mechanism contribute to faster, more responsive focusing in both stills and video. Also, the lens features a minimum focus distance of 1.6′ and it does not change in length when changing focus.
- A zoom lock switch prevents the lens barrel from accidentally extending when not in use.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.