Rode NT4 Overview
The Rode NT4 is a stereo recording microphone featuring dual cardioid capsules mounted in a X/Y stereo configuration. The microphone is designed for field or studio use and provides transparent sound reproduction and accurate representation of signal within the “Left/Right” stereo field. This provides optimum results when capturing live performances, ambiance, instruments, choruses, choirs etc.
The NT4’s pressure gradient capsules feature cardioid polar patterns which effectively minimize off-axis audience, instrument and ambient noise resulting in accurate recordings of the desired source material. The microphone’s dual elements are matched in frequency response and sensitivity for accurate sound reproduction on both left and right stereo channels.
The NT4 features an On/Off switch for added control and is powered via Phantom Power or standard 9 volt alkaline battery. The microphone includes a dual XLR microphone cable, stereo mini microphone cable and durable road case. 9 volt alkaline battery functionality and included stereo mini cable, make the NT4 suitable for videographers as well as live sound and recording engineers.
- X/Y Stereo Elements
- The NT4 features dual cardioid elements mounted in an X/Y stereo configuration. The X/Y configuration results in accurate representation of signal within the “Left/Right” stereo field.
- Matched Capsules
- Both cardioid capsules are matched in sensitivity and frequency response for optimum results.
- Phantom or Battery Powered
- The NT4 can be powered via Phantom Power or a standard alkaline 9 volt battery.
- Flexible Connectivity
- The NT4 includes both, a dual XLR and single stereo 1/8 inch mini output cables making the NT4 ready for use in any recording environment.