Nikon B700 Overview
Pairing a long-reaching zoom with a high-resolution sensor, the COOLPIX B700 Digital Camera from Nikon spans a range of multimedia assets for both stills shooting and video recording. Based on a 20.2MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS sensor, notable image quality is possible with enhanced sensitivity for working in a range of lighting conditions. The sensor and image processor also afford quick continuous shooting up to 5 fps for working with moving subjects, as well as UHD 4K video recording at 30p for clear, high-resolution movie playback. Balancing these imaging attributes is an expansive 60x optical zoom lens that provides a 24-1440mm equivalent range, covering wide-angle to super telephoto focal lengths, and is complemented by Dual Detect Vibration Reduction to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharp handheld shooting. An ergonomic body design reminiscent of a DSLR also benefits handling, as well as the incorporation of both a 921k-dot electronic viewfinder and rear 3.0″ 921k-dot vari-angle LCD. For wireless sharing and remote control of the camera from a mobile device, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is supported as well as Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity. More than just a long-zoom point-and-shoot, the B700 balances both stills and video recording assets, along with intuitive handling and file sharing components.20.2MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS SensorA high-resolution 20.2MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions, along with the ability to record in the NRW raw format for expanded post-production capabilities. The sensor also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous shooting rate of up to 5 fps.60x Optical Zoom LensA wide-ranging NIKKOR 60x optical zoom lens provides a 24-1440mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 120x zoom magnification. Dual Detect Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens’ optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.UHD 4K Video RecordingIn addition to stills recording, UHD 4K video recording is supported in both 30p and 25p frame rates for clips up to 8 minutes long. Face-priority autofocus is available during recording to maintain sharp focus on detected subjects and 5-axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, rounding out the movie feature-set, the built-in stereo zoom mic automatically changes directivity according to the zoom position for more refined audio quality.Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The ergonomic body design resembles a DSLR and incorporates a large grip for more stable shooting.
- A 921k-dot electronic viewfinder is available for clear eye-level shooting, which is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions.
- The rear 3.0″ 921k-dot LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a range of shooting angles.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV or 4K TV for high-resolution playback.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you product artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Superlapse movies turn a fast-paced action sequence into a fast-paced video, in-camera.
- Standard P/S/A/M settings afford you manual control over exposure settings.
- The included EN-EL23 battery provides up to 350 shots per charge.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.