Nikon 35mm F/1.4 Overview
Incredibly versatile despite being a prime lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G from Nikon is a general wide-angle lens well-suited for everyday shooting. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The lens’s optical design incorporates one aspherical elements, which helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve greater sharpness and more accurate rendering. A Nano Crystal Coat has also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and accurate color response. Additionally, benefitting the optical assets, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Wide-angle 35mm lens is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- A Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A Rear Focusing System is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.