Nikon 300mm F/4.0 Overview
Marrying long reach with a modest form factor, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED from Nikon is a versatile telephoto prime featuring an f/4 maximum aperture that affords a useful balance between speed and a lightweight design. The 10 elements, six groups optical layout contains a pair of extra-low dispersion elements, which help reduce color fringing and chromatic aberration in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured, and helps suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality in harsh lighting conditions. Complementing the optics, this lens also sports a Silent Wave Motor that offers quick, quiet focusing performance to suit photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Telephoto prime is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 450mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rotating tripod collar benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.