Nikon 18-35mm F/3.5-4.5 Overview
Mixing a valuable wide-angle range with a compact and lightweight form factor, the AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED from Nikon is a lens well-suited to travel, landscape, and everyday walk-around shooting. The optical design employs a trio of aspherical elements and a pair of extra-low dispersion elements to control aberrations and distortions in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. A Super Integrated Coating also suppresses flare and ghosting to increase overall contrast and color rendering when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor enables fast, near-silent autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- A wide-angle zoom designed for FX-format sensors, this 18-35mm lens can also be used with DX models where it provides a 27-52.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.