Nikon 35mm F/1.8 Overview
The AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED Lens from Nikon is an FX-format lens designed for Nikon F-mount cameras. It features a maximum aperture of f/1.8 which allows you to create separation between your subject and the background as well as the ability to capture high quality imagery in low-light conditions. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens provides a 35mm focal length equivalence of 52.5mm.
For maintaining optical quality, this lens has an extra-low dispersion glass element that reduces chromatic aberrations and increases contrast and sharpness as well as an aspherical element that suppresses spherical aberration and distortion. This combines with Super Integrated lens coatings that minimize ghosting and flare, resulting in a clear image across the frame.
The lens utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for fast and quiet autofocus and its rear focusing system eliminates changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enables faster overall focusing. Its minimum focus distance is 9.8″.
- A very practical wide-angle prime lens useful for multiple photographic applications. On DX-format DSLRs, its 35mm focal length equivalence is 52.5mm.
- Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate and near-silent autofocus.
- Rear focus system means only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enabling faster focusing.
- Optical construction features 11 elements in 8 groups including one aspherical and one ED lens to reduce aberrations.
- Nikon Super Integrated lens Coating enhances light transmission thus reducing ghosting and flare.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades produce smooth out-of-focus areas.
- Uses 58mm screw-in filters and includes detachable petal-style lens hood.