Nikon 180mm F/2.8 Overview
The AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED Lens from Nikon is a prime telephoto lens with a fast maximum aperture for effective low-light imaging and shallow depth of field control. Useful for portraiture, astronomical photography and other telephoto applications, its nine-blade diaphragm helps to create pleasing out-of-focus highlights.
With a compact build and internal focusing system to remain a constant length, it is easy to handhold. A built-in collapsible lens hood deflects unwanted light, and the A/M switch makes changes between autofocus and manual focus easy. One extra-low dispersion glass element reduces chromatic aberrations and provides high resolution and contrast. Nikon’s Super Integrated Lens Coating minimizes ghosting and flare.
Autofocus is not supported by D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, and D5500 cameras; lens may be used with manual focus only. Be sure to check your camera’s lens-compatibility information before selecting a new lens.
This open box item shows minimal signs of wear on its packaging only. The lens itself is in pristine condition and includes a limited 1-year warranty.
- Telephoto prime lens features a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture to offer greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field imagery
- One extra-low dispersion glass element reduces chromatic aberrations for increased clarity for reduced color fringing
- Internal focus design for fast autofocus operation and more intuitive handling
- Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare
- Built-in retractable lens hood deflects stray light and protects front element