Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8 Overview
The AF Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Lens from Nikon is an FX-format, fast telephoto zoom lens with a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture effective for sports and wildlife photography, photojournalism in dim light and general telephoto applications. Its 80-200mm focal length is equivalent to the angle of view of a 120-300mm lens when used on DX-format DSLRs.
It features an Internal Focus system which means the front element does not extend or rotate during focusing. An M/A mode ring switches between auto focus and manual focus modes and a focus limiting switch enables faster focus. Three Extra-Low Dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations for sharp, color-accurate imaging and Super Integrated Lens Coating minimizes flare and ghosting and improves image contrast. A sturdy metal barrel brings confidence to shooting in difficult situations and a rotating tripod mount is integrated into the lens design.
This lens’ autofocus function is compatible with Nikon DSLRs featuring a built-in autofocus motor. It will not support auto focusing when used with certain DSLRs that do not have an integrated focus motor, such as the D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300.
- Telephoto-zoom lens with fast constant maximum aperture for sports, wildlife and general photography. With DX-format DSLRs, it provides a 35mm focal length equivalence of 120-300mm.
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements control aberrations for high contrast imaging even at maximum apertures.
- Super Integrated Lens Coating reduces flare and ghosting and adds to overall image quality.
- Manual and auto focus ring switch and focus limiting function
- Manual aperture control ruing
- Integrated tripod collar and sturdy metal barrel