Canon M100 Overview
Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm and 55-200mm Lenses (Black)
Compact and lightweight, the black Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera makes a suitable everyday companion for those who want both an easy-to-use and highly capable camera system. With built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth, the 24.2MP APS-C camera makes it easy to share your snaps and videos almost immediately after you take them. For those looking to expand their photography skills this camera is a great stepping off point as it has a Creative Assist feature that can walk you through how certain settings affect your image. Or, if you simply want to capture your grand adventures with your friends, a Self Portrait mode is available for making use of the 180° tilt ability of the 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD.
Photographers who desire a compact and powerful camera will appreciate the performance of the M100 as it boasts a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 7 processor to produce sharp, rich imagery at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Shooters will also benefit from the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system to provide fast, accurate focusing while shooting both stills and video. Speed is also a highlight with continuous shooting at up to 4 fps with AF or up to 6.1 fps with AF lock. Beyond stills, the M100 has the ability to record high-quality video at up to 60 fps.
Included with the camera body is the standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. The STM stepping motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance and the Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for 3.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The lens’ optical design also incorporates a trio of aspherical elements to control chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for sharper, clearer image quality. Further extending your reach, this kit also includes the EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which offers an 88-320mm equivalent focal length range. This long-range zoom incorporates one aspherical element and one UD element to minimize aberrations and distortions and also features an Optical Image Stabilizer and STM stepping motor to benefit both stills and video applications.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 4 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 6.1 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera startup time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° upward tilting design to better enable working from various shooting angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Through the use of an optional adapter, the M100 is able to work with EF and EF-S mount lenses.
- Other Features
- Creative Assist lets you adjust settings and preview the effects in real time. Personalized settings can be stored for quickly replicating a look, and imagery from other photographers can be imported into the M100 and have the specific exposure settings displayed in order for you to replicate the look and learn how different settings affect the results.
- Benefitting from the 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, a Self-Portrait Mode allows you to make in-camera enhancements to your selfies. Adjustments include smoothing skin tones, blurring the background, and modifying the overall brightness of the scene. A customizable self-timer can also be set in this mode to give you the right amount of time to prepare for your shot.
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements help to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens placement works to reduce flare and ghosting. An Optical Image Stabilizer works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting and an STM stepping motor provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Also included in the kit is the telephoto zoom EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides an 88-320mm equivalent focal length range. One aspherical element and one Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) element help to reduce aberrations throughout the long zoom range and an Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops to benefit working with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, an STM stepping motor delivers quick, quiet, and smooth autofocus to suit both stills shooting and video recording applications.
SanDisk 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
Built to meet the demands of photographers and passionate shutterbugs who are using advanced cameras and HD camcorders, the 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card from SanDisk allows users to take advantage of functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. It features a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and delivers maximum read speeds of up to 90 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 40 MB/s. This Extreme UHS-I SDHC card supports the V30 speed class, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 speed class, this card also supports the U3 speed class, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device only supports the Class 10 standard, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk’s 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card is water, shock, and x-ray proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing for use in environments such as snow and deserts. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. Downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card also has a writable label on its surface and the included jewel case makes for easy storage and organization. This card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Faster Performance and Downloads
- With write speeds up to 40 MB/s, this card unleashes the full shooting potential of your advanced camera or DSLR. Take advantage of advanced functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. Photos are written to your card almost instantly so you’ll get your best shot, and you’ll save time moving it all from your camera to your computer.
- Capacity for High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- With a capacity of 32GB to capture it all, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I Card offers enough room for thousands of high-resolution photos. The card can accommodate high-volume image formats, such as RAW and JPEG, and also provides plenty of room for Full HD videos.
- 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- With Class 10, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3), and V30 video ratings, you’ll be ready to capture 4K Ultra HD, cinema quality 3D, and Full HD video (1080p), which require more performance than ordinary cards can handle. This memory card’s accelerated minimum sustained write speeds help ensure that video data isn’t lost during recording, by reducing dropouts and stuttering.
- Error Correction for Enhanced Relability
- Thanks to its Advanced Error Correction Code engine, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC card helps reduce the chance for errors during data storage and retrieval. It prevents potential data corruption, providing high data integrity.
- Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce Upload Times
- SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC cards boast a read speed of up to 90 MB/s, so you can transfer photos and videos to your computer quickly. You’ll spend less time uploading photos and more time editing, storing, and sharing.
- Durable Design
- Designed and tested to withstand the tough conditions, this card has a capacity of 32GB and is waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185°F, so you can work in almost any climate.
- RescuePRO Software
- SanDisk RescuePRO and RescuePRO Deluxe software are file and data recovery products for recovering deleted files from all types of digital media.
Ruggard Onyx 25 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag
Designed for the photographer and videographer alike, the black with yellow trim Onyx 25 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag from Ruggard is designed to hold a compact camcorder with an attached battery or a mirrorless camera up to 6.75″ in length. A durable, weather-resistant nylon shell protects your gear from unwanted elements while high-density foam padding helps prevent damage from accidental impact. For added protection and organization, an included touch-connect divider securely holds your camera in place.
Small accessories like a spare battery or cleaning cloth can be slipped into either of the two zippered side pockets or the front slip pocket. In addition, three memory card pockets and an another slip pocket are conveniently located under the opening flap of the bag. Carry your gear by way of the top padded grab handle with an integrated mesh underside for added comfort when carrying by hand. Alternatively, a double-touch built-in loop securely wraps around your belt for hands-free carrying. Or, take advantage of the removable 1″ wide shoulder strap that can be adjusted from 28″ at its shortest length to 53″ at its longest length to accommodate a variety of heights and carrying preferences.